The Climate Crisis and Eco-spirituality
April 28 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm$40
Join the Sacred Citizenship Group and the Friends of Wisdom Prairie for a dinner and lecture on The Climate Crisis and Eco-spirituality led by David Barnhill and Daniel Vimont.
Dr. Daniel Vimont will provide up-to-date scientific information about climate change. He will also speak to the need to look beyond simple economics to broader social issues in addressing the problem, as Pope Francis suggested in his encyclical, Laudato si. Daniel is the director of the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at the Nelson Institute Center for Climatic Research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Dr. David Barnhill will offer a Buddhist meditation on the climate crisis. He is retired and served as director of the Environmental Studies Program at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh from 2003-2015.
- Evening Prayer (optional) – 4:30 pm – Monastery oratory (lower level)
- Dinner – 5:15 pm – Monastery guest dining room (main level)
- Lecture, small group discussion and Q&A – 6:15 pm – Monastery guest dining room
$ 40 includes dinner and lecture
Register by April 14, 2020.
There is a 50% refund until the April 14, 2020 deadline, no refund after the deadline.
- Online registration (coming soon)
- Download registration form (coming soon)
Complete and return with payment to:
Holy Wisdom Monastery
4200 County Road M
Middleton, WI 53562