Accounting Assistant – Part-time
Holy Wisdom Monastery, a religious, non-profit organization, is looking for a part-time accounting assistant to join our team for 15-20 hours per week.
The primary job duty is to provide assistance to the Accounting Manager which includes: paying bills; processing receipts, deposits and invoices; recording cash disbursements and receipts into our General Ledger system; reconciling certain accounts, program spreadsheets and credit cards; verifying staff time sheets and acting as a liaison between the organization and the third party payroll company; recording payroll journal entries; ordering office supplies; filing accounting records; helping Accounting Manager with the issuance of 1099’s and other work at year end; assisting with the budgeting processes; preparing bank reconciliations; helping with month and year end closing processes; assisting with the annual audit and certain human resources responsibilities; copying financial statements and other records; and assisting wherever else needed.
This part-time position would be 3-5 days a week for 15-20 hours per week. Scheduling and hours can be flexible. Benefits offered if working 20 hours/week.
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent working experience to that level.
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with Sage 300 and QuickBooks beneficial.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills, reliable, and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Able to work with team and on own.
- High degree of organizational and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable processes and terms.
Submit resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this job. We expect to fill the position as soon as we find a qualified candidate. Pay will be discussed during the interview process.
* * * * * * *
Volunteers are always needed at Holy Wisdom Monastery. Click here to learn more.