A spiritual retreat for women
Experience Benedictine hospitality as you connect with God, self and others
- Share your faith journey with other women and the sisters.
- Join the sisters in prayer and contemplative Scripture reading.
- Walk on our nature trails.
- Spend time in personal reflection and journaling.
- Attend a Christian worship service rich with tradition that reflects 21st century values and is open to all.
- Find renewal in our beautiful setting.
Our religious community of Benedictine sisters—Catholic and Protestant women living, praying, learning and working together—invites you to relax and renew your spirit.
- October 13-14, 2018 — Retreat full (2019 dates coming soon)
10:00 am Saturday – 12:30 pm Sunday
- October 13-14, 2018: $100 — This fee includes program, accommodations and meals, Saturday lunch through Sunday lunch.
Want to live in a monastery for a weekend or
Attend the Experience Benedictine Life at the Monastery weekend retreat instead and learn about the Benedictine Sojourner 6-month program.Learn about the Experience Benedictine Life retreat
What others are saying about this retreat:
“The retreat was a joy…the sisters are wise and welcoming. I left with a deep sense of peace which was such a gift in my busy life.” − Liz, a retreat participant
“Thank you for your remarkable hospitality and generosity in sharing your home, community and wisdom.” − Jill, a retreat participant
Sister Lynne Smith, OSB has been a sister at Holy Wisdom Monastery since 2000. Prior to entering the monastery she served as an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA) with churches in Kansas and Iowa. Sister Lynne is a trained spiritual guide, loves working in the garden and the prairie and serves as co-director of formation at the monastery.
Sister Paz Vital, OSB has been at Holy Wisdom Monastery since 2015 and become a sister in July 2017. Prior to entering the monastery she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Sister Paz is working towards a Master’s degree in theology and ministry for Latinos at Catholic Theological Union. She loves to walk the prairie trails around the monastery and cook Mexican food.
Denise West is a novice at Holy Wisdom. She came to Wisconsin in 2015 after teaching elementary school in New York for many years. Denise is excited to be on track as the next “master gardener” at the monastery.