A Weekend Away retreat—
Finding Hope in the Midst of Suffering
Led by Sisters Lynne Smith and Denise West
- March 30-31, 2019
- 9:00 am Saturday – 12:30 pm Sunday
- $120, includes a private overnight room, lunch and dinner on Saturday, brunch on Sunday and all programming
- All women welcome
- You are always welcome to extend your retreat. Contact Amanda Conway to check room availability.
How do we make meaning of women’s suffering? Reflecting on our experience as women and on the lives of women at the margins we will seek meaning, hope and healing in the face of suffering.
Through group discussion and personal reflection we will explore the small acts of kindness and compassion that open us to new life. We will discover the ways relationships can be a source of empowerment and support.
You will experience:
- Liturgy of the Hours (communal prayer) with the sisters
- Lectio divina (prayerful reading of Scripture)
- Group sharing
- Time for personal reflection
- Meditative walking on the prairie
- Meals with the sisters
- Ecumenical worship with communion on Sunday
The retreat will be facilitated by Sisters Lynne Smith and Denise West.
Sister Lynne Smith, OSB has been a sister at Holy Wisdom Monastery since 2000. Prior to entering the monastery she served as an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA) with churches in Kansas and Iowa. Sister Lynne is a trained spiritual guide, loves working in the garden and the prairie and serves as co-director of formation at the monastery.
Sister Denise West, OSB is a new sister at Holy Wisdom. She came to Wisconsin in 2015 after teaching elementary school in New York for many years. Denise is excited to be on track as the next “master gardener” at the monastery.
For more information contact Sister Lynne Smith at 608-831-9305 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Amanda Conway at email@example.com to check room availability to extend your retreat.
Register by March 15, 2019.
There is a 50% refund for cancellations until the registration deadline, no refund after the deadline.