A Day in Our Life
Each day brings new opportunity within a familiar rhythm
We are sisters who share joy, sorrows and faith in Jesus Christ. We become friends and companions. We take time to listen and be present to one another.
There is a rhythm to our days, but they are far from routine. Here’s what you might expect to experience on an average day:
- We begin our day with private prayer, lectio divina and breakfast.
- We come together for Centering Prayer, Morning Prayer and a brief community meeting, followed by a period of work.
- We gather for Midday Prayer and lunch, and then we return to the work of the day.
- At the end of the day, we come together for Evening Prayer, Centering Prayer and dinner.
- Evening brings time to enjoy leisure through reading, exercise, gardening and other interests.
- We keep silence from late evening through breakfast.
We have a number of articles providing an overview of the various types of prayer and the Benedictine values that shape our life.
For more information, contact Lynne Smith, OSB , director of membership and monastic formation at (608) 831-9305.