The monastery building opened in the fall of 2009. In late March 2010 the U.S. Green Building Council awarded Holy Wisdom Monastery a Platinum rating – the highest level of leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification available.
This environmentally friendly, air conditioned building fits gently into the landscape and houses:
- the oratory used for daily prayer
- the assembly room used for Sunday worship and special events
- small meditation chapel
- reception desk for guest check-in and staff assistance
- spirituality library with over 4000 volumes
- gathering area with an open floor plan
- guest dining room equipped with a screen, LCD projector, and public address system; two walls of windows give a full view of the grounds
- community dining room where meals prepared by our chef from fresh, nutritious ingredients are served
- patio with fire pit outside assembly room and dining room
- wireless computer access
- accessible for all
For more information, or to schedule a personal retreat, hermitage retreat, group retreat, spiritual guidance session, meeting, wedding, funeral or other event contact our hospitality and event coordinator at 608-836-1631, x100.
The following photos were taken by FotoGrafix, courtesy of Hoffman LLC.
Reception Desk and Gathering Area
Dining RoomPrint This Page