Exploring Benedictine Community Retreats
Are you a single, Christian woman, ages 21-50? This retreat is for you!
- Share a weekend with other women who are exploring their spiritual journey
- Work, pray, eat and talk together with Benedictine sisters
- Learn how life in a monastery develops skills for personal, spiritual growth and community living
- Find renewal in our beautiful setting
- Learn about Benedictine Sojourners, an extended, 6-month opportunity at Holy Wisdom Monastery
- Ask questions and leave with a full heart
- June 2-4, 2017 (apply by 5/23/17)
- September 29-October 1, 2017 (apply by 9/19/17)
- December 8-10, 2017 (apply by 11/28/17)
$70 – This all-inclusive fee includes accommodations and meals, Friday dinner through morning worship on Sunday.
Want to hear more?
Request a link to two short videos of women sharing their experiences with this retreatRetreatant’s experiences
Interested in attending?
Fill out a retreat interest form and we will be in touch with you – a good chance to ask questions and find out if this retreat is right for you.Retreat interest form
What others are saying about this retreat:
“The retreat was a joy…the sisters are wise and welcoming. I left with a deep sense of peace which was such a gift in my busy life.” − Liz, a retreat participant
“Thank you for your remarkable hospitality and generosity in sharing your home, community and wisdom.” − Jill, a retreat participant
Sister Lynne Smith, OSB has been a sister at Holy Wisdom Monastery since 2000. Prior to entering the monastery she served as an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA) with churches in Kansas and Iowa. Sister Lynne is a trained spiritual guide, loves working in the garden and the prairie and serves as co-director of formation at the monastery.
Sister Rosy Kandathil, OSB made her first monastic profession in 2015 and completed a masters in scripture study at St John’s School of Theology and Seminary in Collegeville, MN in May, 2017. She hails from New York City and in her free time, Rosy is passionate about cooking, reading great books, listening to music and sharing conversation with friends.
Sister Joanne Kollasch, OSB is one of the founding members of the sisters’ community at Holy Wisdom Monastery. She has served as a spiritual director and retreat leader and shares her deep love of Benedictine spirituality as co-director of formation at Holy Wisdom Monastery.