Exploring Benedictine Community Retreats
Experience a warm welcome here!
Are you curious about life in a monastery? Would you like to develop new skills for personal, spiritual growth and community living? Are you a single, Christian woman, 21-50? This retreat is for you!
- learn more about our Benedictine community life
- learn about our Benedictine Sojourner program
- experience the rhythm of prayer and work at Holy Wisdom Monastery
- work, pray, eat and talk together with sisters and other single women
- ask questions
- interact with other single Christian women who are exploring their spiritual journey
(Friday dinner through morning worship on Sunday)
- June 2-4, 2017 (apply by 5/23/17)
- September 29-October 1, 2017 (apply by 9/19/17)
- December 8-10, 2017 (apply by 11/28/17)
Exploring Benedictine Community weekend retreats are $70.
This all-inclusive fee includes accommodations and meals and is non-refundable.
- Fill out our retreat interest form, indicating your choice of retreat dates
- We will call you to talk with you about the retreat, the registration process and to answer any questions you may have.
What others have said about this retreat
“The retreat was a joy…the sisters are wise and welcoming. I left with a deep sense of peace which was such a gift in my busy life.” − Liz, a retreat participant
“Thank you for your remarkable hospitality and generosity in sharing your home, community and wisdom.” − Jill, a retreat participant
Interested in attending?
Select the button below to fill out a retreat interest form and we will be in touch with you. This is a good chance to ask questions and find out if this retreat is right for you.Retreat interest form
Want to hear more?
Select the button below to request links to two short videos of women sharing their experiences with this retreat and why it was an important experience for them.Retreatant’s experiences
Sister Lynne Smith, OSB has been a sister at Holy Wisdom Monastery since 2000. Prior to entering the monastery she served as an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA) with churches in Kansas and Iowa. Sister Lynne is a trained spiritual guide, loves working in the garden and the prairie and serves as co-director of formation at the monastery.
Sister Rosy Kandathil, OSB made her first monastic profession in 2015 and is currently completing a masters in scripture study at St John’s School of Theology and Seminary in Collegeville, MN. She hails from New York City and when she isn’t in class, she is passionate about cooking, reading great books, listening to music and sharing conversation with friends.
Sister Joanne Kollasch, OSB is one of the founding members of the sisters’ community at Holy Wisdom Monastery. She has served as a spiritual director and retreat leader and shares her deep love of Benedictine spirituality as co-director of formation at Holy Wisdom Monastery.