AcreMakers extend environmental efforts
- We care for the land because it is good for the land.
- We care for the land because it is good for the Lake Mendota watershed.
- We care for the land because it is good for the souls of all God’s people.
The AcreMaker Club was formed to give donors the opportunity to fund the environmental restoration and preservation work done at Holy Wisdom Monastery by Benedictine Women of Madison. In particular, the club recognizes those donors who cumulatively have given $5,000 or more to the endowment. To date, approximately half of the one million dollar goal has been achieved.
Once fully funded, the Environmental Endowment will:
- underwrite a summer college internship program,
- support the work of our restoration ecologist and
- support our environmental volunteer programs.
For over 50 years, the sisters’ community has worked to preserve and maintain the 138 acres of land known as Holy Wisdom Monastery. Today, the sisters’ community continues to restore the health of the land for the well-being of the earth and to honor God’s beautiful creation.
We invite you to join in preserving not only the prairie, woodlands and wetlands, but also all God’s creatures who call Holy Wisdom Monastery home.
Join today and help ensure that Holy Wisdom Monastery remains a place of restoration of the natural environment and a place for renewal of the human heart…for all of us and for future generations.
- Download the AcreMaker brochure for additional details.
For more information on becoming an AcreMaker, contact Jan at (608) 836-1631, x123.