Prayer, Hospitality, Justice, Care for the Earth, Community.
Our community life and work is guided by the Gospel and the Rule of Benedict, an ancient text but one still living and bringing forth new perspectives.
We ask people to join us as we:
- nurture and live in the ecumenical monastic community
- share daily prayer with co-workers and guests
- offer personal retreats and spiritual guidance
- provide an ecumenical retreat house for groups seeking space and reflection
- celebrate Eucharist with Sunday Assembly, our worshiping community
- continue our spiritual journey with oblates, the Community of Benedict and others
- support monastic women in Africa and Asia
- sustain our restored prairie.
At Holy Wisdom Monastery, we live together in Christian unity.
If you want to grow spiritually call us at (608) 831-9306 and ask about upcoming events or available retreat dates.
For more information, contact Mary David Walgenbach, OSB, prioress at (608) 831-9300; Joanne Kollasch, OSB, first councilor at (608) 831-9302 or Lynne Smith, OSB, director of membership and monastic formation at (608) 831-9305.